Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Friends in Council of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1871 as a women's organization dedicated to cultural enrichment of its members. The collection includes records of members, constitution with amendments, minutes, and clippings.
These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Kansas 1
- University Women's Club (University of Kansas) 1
- Vietnam Summer (Organization) 1