Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
A collection of the records and the minutes of various meetings of the All-Sew Club from the years 1912-1971.
The history is a handwritten manuscript of the A.M.E. Church's Women's Missionary Society.
A history of Friends in Council read at the sixtieth anniversary at Mrs. Hill's, April 19, 1932/Elizabeth Ticknor Fielding. --[Lawrence, Kansas, 1931.]
The typescript is a photocopy of a paper written for the Afro-American Clubwomen in Kansas Project.
The Kansas Women's Political Caucus was formed in 1972 to encourage the participation of women of all social classes, ages, cultural backgrounds, and political affiliations in government. Membership was opened to men in 1974. This collection of the organization's records includes correspondence, minutes, membership information, political pamphlets, as well as materials relating to the National Women's Political Caucus, local Kansas caucuses, and affiliated groups.
This collection includes meeting records, treasurer's reports, roll calls, constitutions, and newspaper clippings pertaining to the Lawrence Minervian Club. It also includes death notices, song books, photo albums, negatives, and individual photos. The literature appreciation club was founded in 1900 by a group of Lawrence, Kansas women.
The papers of Mildred P. Reid Mounger are those of a Kansas native who, through the Capital Household Technicians and Topeka Household Technicians both of which she began, worked to better conditions for household workers.
The Julia V. (Richards) Harris Papers are those of a longtime Kansas resident, focusing on Alpha Kappa Alpha (AKA) and specifically the sorority's Mu Omega Chapter of Kansas City, Kansas. The collection also provides information about Harris' mother, Julia C. Richards, and there are a large number of items focusing on Lillian Orme, a fellow AKA-Mu Omega member.
The thesis is a copy of Deborah Whaley's University of California -- Santa Cruz thesis on African American sororities.
This collection includes meeting minutes, financial information, membership information, photographs, and other documentation regarding the Whittier Club of Leavenworth, Kansas, a women's club dedicated to providing educational opportunities to its membership.
- Women -- Societies and clubs 8
- African American women -- Societies and clubs 3
- Literature -- Societies, etc. 2
- Women -- Political activity -- Kansas 2
- African American Methodists -- History 1
- African American families -- Missouri 1
- African American women -- Economic conditions 1
- African American women -- Employment 1
- African American women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs 1
- African American women -- Political activity 1
- African American women -- Religious life 1
- African American women -- Social conditions 1
- African American women -- Societies and clubs -- History 1
- Book clubs (Discussion groups) -- Kansas -- Kanwaka 1
- Clubs -- Kansas -- McLouth 1
- Handicraft -- Kansas 1
- Kansas -- Genealogy 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- History -- Sources 1
- Leavenworth (Kan.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Music -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies, etc. 1
- Women -- Economic conditions 1
- Women household employees -- United States 1
- Women's rights -- Kansas 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- African Methodist Episcopal Church. Women's Missionary Society 1
- Afro-American Clubwomen Project 1
- All-Sew Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Delta Chapter (University of Kansas) 1
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority. Mu Omega Chapter (Kansas City, Kan.) 1
- Brady, Marilyn Dell 1
- Campbell, Catherine, 1875- 1
- Capital Household Technicians, Inc. (Sacramento, Calif.) 1
- Central Association of Colored Women's Clubs 1
- Crawford, Elizabeth Ticknor 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Kansas. 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Harris, Julia Violetta 1
- Hunter, Etta 1
- Jackson family. 1
- Kansas Association of Colored Women and Girls’ Clubs 1
- Kansas Women's Political Caucus 1
- Kanwaka Literary Club 1
- Minervian Club (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- National Committee on Household Employment 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- National Women's Political Caucus (U.S.) 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Harmony Grand Chapter (Missouri) 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Queen City Chapter No. 47 (Sedalia, Mo.) 1
- Orme, Lillian, 1911-1993 1
- Peoples family. 1
- Reid, Mildred P., 1916- 1
- Republican Party (Kan.) 1
- Richards, Julia Christina, 1898-2004 1
- Rieck, Fran 1
- Security Training Institute (San Diego, Calif.) 1
- Throop, Diane 1
- Topeka Household Technicians, Inc. (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas. Department of Home Economics 1
- Whaley, Deborah Elizabeth 1
- Whittier Club (Leavenworth, Kan.) 1 ∧ less