Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Call Number: RH MS 1485
Overview Together with Eleanor Bogart, Dr. Smith wrote The Wars of Peggy Hull, which covers the life and actions of the first United States female war correspondent and Kansas native Peggy Hull Deuell. This collection consists of copied and original photographs, documents, and news articles used in the crafting of the book.
Dates: 1914 - 1991
Call Number: RH MS P732
Overview The Erna Prather Harris collection memorializes journalist and social activist Harris.
Call Number: RH MS 130
Overview Peggy Hull and Peggy Hull Deuell were the professional names used by Henrietta Eleanor Goodnough, a journalist, war correspondent, and native of Kansas. The collection contains clippings, correspondence, poems, photographs, maps, a palmistry chart, notebooks, story ideas, names and addresses, astrology notes, scrapbooks, and other related materials detailing her career, personal life, and travels around the world in the first half of the 20th century.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1795-1966 ( 1910-1966)
Call Number: PP 199
Overview This collection contains correspondence with Helen Rhoda Hoopes, a University of Kansas professor in English and poet, as well as the first woman student editor of the University Daily Kansan; newspaper clippings; photographs; scrapbooks; and other related materials.
Dates: 1898 - 1957
Call Number: RH MS 1151
Overview The Sharon Woodson-Bryant papers are those of a native Kansan who is a journalist and public relations professional. They also relate to Woodson-Bryant's family, especially her father, James E. Woodson, who was a Topeka, Kansas-based attorney.
Dates: 1920 - 2008
- Subject: Women journalists X
- Women journalists 3
- African American women journalists 2
- Women war correspondents 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Journalists 2
- African American families -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- African American lawyers -- Kansas -- Topeka 1
- China -- History -- 1928-1937 1
- Mexico -- History -- 1910-1946 1
- Women authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Women newspaper editors -- Kansas 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Campaigns -- Western Front 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Journalists 1 ∧ less
- Hull, Peggy, 1889-1967 2
- Baker, Gladys (Beatrice Gladys), 1906-2001 1
- Cleveland Plain Dealer (Firm) 1
- Harris, Erna Prather, 1908-1995 1
- Hoopes, Helen Rhoda, 1878-1973 1