Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Colonel Clinton McClure was senior army instructor for the Missouri National Guard. In 1944 he was sent to China to assist the Chinese Nationalist Armies. These scrapbooks document his experiences in China.
This collection of Elizabeth A. Schultz's personal papers includes two series established by Schultz herself: Personal Documents and Albums. Her personal documents relate largely to professional projects and teaching at KU, as well as to post-retirement publications and philanthropic activities. The Albums series includes photograph albums and scrapbooks from Schultz's childhood through post-retirement travels around the world.
Marilyn Stokstad joined the Art History faculty at the University of Kansas in 1958 and led the department in several roles before earning emerita status as the Judith Harris Murphy Distinguished Professor of Art History. This collection of her papers includes notes, chapters, and proofs for the textbook Art History, family history and photographs, personal and professional correspondence, and reports and notes related to the University of Kansas.
This collection consists of chapter 45 of the Taebanggwangbul hwaŏmgyŏng [The Sutra of Garland Flower of Great Square and Broad World of Buddha], written in calligraphy and probably dated between 1300 and 1350 in late Koryŏ dynasty (918-1392). The Avatamsaka sutra is a mid-fourteenth century depection of Siksananda's Tang Dynasty era (695-699) translation of volume forty-five of the Avatamsaka sutra manuscript.
- Language: Chinese X
- American literature 1
- Art -- History -- Study and teaching 1
- Buddhist calligraphy -- Korea 1
- English literature -- 19th century 1
- Environmentalism -- Kansas -- Douglas County 1
- Mural painting and decoration, Norwegian 1
- Santiago de Compostela (Spain) 1
- Tripiṭaka. Sūtrapiṭaka. Buddāvataṃsakamahāvaipulyasūtra. 1
- Tripiṭaka. Sūtrapiṭaka. Avataṃsakasūtra 1 ∧ less
- Chen, Zouhuang 1
- Helen Foresman Spencer Museum of Art 1
- McClure, Clinton 1
- Schultz, Elizabeth A. 1
- Sigma Alpha Iota. Beta Beta Chapter (University of Kansas) 1