Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Call Number: RH MS 806
Overview The League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Kansas) was founded in 1952. Known as the League of Women Voters of Shawnee Mission until 1972, the League's efforts led to the creation of the Shawnee Mission Park System, and have supported the development of non-profit service offices and civic programs. This collection of their records includes administrative files as well as collected material of subjects pertinent to the group's activities.
Dates: 1952 - 1988
Call Number: RH MS 279
Overview The League of Women Voters of Kansas was founded in 1919, an outgrowth of the Kansas Equal Suffrage Association. This collection contains administrative records of the league as well as documentation regarding various projects and programs the league created or participated in regarding elections and political causes in Kansas and at a local and national level.
Dates: 1920-2013 (bulk 1970s-1990s)
Call Number: RH MS 187
Overview The League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County, a part of the League of Women Voters of the United States and of the League of Women Voters of Kansas, promotes political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government, as well as action on selected governmental issues. Organized on May 28, 1931, the group was originally known as the League of Women Voters of Lawrence. This collection contains meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, Study/Action...
Dates: 1928 - 2012
Call Number: RH MS 1091
Overview These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
Dates: 1956 - 1987
Call Number: RH MS 169
Overview The collection primarily contains correspondence, legislation, and the like. Most of the correspondence deals with legislative matters and issues of concern to his constituency in the 44th District. There is also correspondence with state and national legislators, and with other political figures. And since the University of Kansas is part of the 44th District there is correspondence with university officials and students.
Dates: 1972 - 1974
- Names: League of Women Voters of Kansas X
- Kansas -- Politics and government 2
- Abortion -- Kansas 1
- Abortion -- Public opinion 1
- Environmental policy -- Kansas 1
- Gambling -- Kansas 1
- Homosexuality 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Kansas -- Social policy 1
- Liquor laws -- Kansas 1
- National parks and reserves -- Kansas 1
- Prisoners -- Kansas 1
- Vietnam Veterans Education and Compensation Act of 1974. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Voting -- Kansas 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women -- Political activity 1
- Women -- Political activity -- Kansas 1
- Women's rights -- Kansas 1 ∧ less
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 2
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- Docking, Robert Blackwell, 1925-1983 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Glover, Michael George, 1947- 1