Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: MS C263
Overview Printed book, heavily annotated with emendations written by Abraham George Haskins. Volume is interleaved with printed and manuscript material. Volume contains the School Roll of students arranged by year of enrollment (age, birthplace, often biographical details); alphabetical name-index; reminiscences by Dr. Benson; preface describing school customs; photos of the school and Dr Benson. Compiled by Dr Benson; completed and edited by T.F. Figgis and T.W.F. Drury, acting for the O.R.S. (Old...
Dates: 1932 - 1939
Call Number: MS E119
Overview Book of accounts for an early 19th century Irish farmer. McNally holds land from "Mr Baker": leaf 151 pays tithes to "Ternan": leaf 6. Contract IV: 1 has clause "Being first...read to the parties by Richd McNally" Yeates or Yeats landowners show up in VIIB; 22 May 1820 McNally pays Wn Yeats for "Law." Itemized funeral expenses for Wm McNally of Doolough at foot of leaf 12a. Iv:1 and MS P385:1 separately cataloged. Landowners not traced.
Dates: 1820-1859 (some records from 1796)
Call Number: MS P211
Overview A collection of four letters written by William Maxwell to P.S. O'Hegarty.
Call Number: MS P159
Overview A group of 8 social and book-business letters by the author Henry James (1843-1916) to varied recipients, and one friendly letter by the politician/lawyer Henry James (Baron James of Hereford, 1828-1922) to the wife of a colleague.
Dates: 1871 - 1913
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: MS P312
Overview The collection consists of 4 letters (handwritten, signed, 9 pages total) from Teerink to P.S. O'Hegarty. Also in the collection are 4 offprints of articles by Teerink on Swiftian bibliography and some articles regarding collections/exhibitions of materials concerning Irish author Jonathan Swift, including clippings from booksellers' catalogs. Teerink was attempting to find certain rare items from Swift and enlisting O'Hegarty's help.
Dates: 1948 - 1949
Call Number: O'Hegarty Q42
Overview Collection of Irish broadsides, pamphlets, clippings, etc. collected by P.S. O'Hegarty, largely regarding Home Rule, Sinn Fein, Irish independence, and other political matters during the early part of the 20th century. Some items appear to be duplicates of each other; there are 93 items in total (some items having multiple parts).
Dates: 1907 - 1939
Call Number: MS P407
Overview This story was put together by Samuel Waddell (1878-1967) and N. Mercier to rent to their schoolmates for 2d per vol per week. It describes land and sea battles with the English (including the school regiment) and the Germans pitted against the Russians and French. Also included is a note written by P. S. O'Hegarty describing Waddell's remembrance of the story.
Dates: 1894, 1947
- Names: O'Hegarty, P. S. (Patrick Sarsfield), 1879-1955 X
- Account books -- Ireland 1
- Agriculture -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Authors, American -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Battles in literature 1
- Boycotts -- Ireland 1
- Broadsides -- Ireland -- 20th century 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Ireland 1
- Draft -- Ireland 1
- Economics -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Education -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- English literature -- Irish authors 1
- Farm produce -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Farmers -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Freedom of the press -- Ireland 1
- Hunger strikes -- Ireland 1
- Ireland -- History -- 19th century -- Biography 1
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Ireland -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 1
- Politicians -- Great Britain -- Correspondence 1
- Rathmines (Dublin, Ireland) 1
- Schoolboys -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1
- Sheep farming -- Ireland -- History -- 19th century 1 ∧ less
- Benson, Charles William, 1836-1919 1
- Drury, Thomas William Ernest, 1872-1960 1
- Figgis, Thomas Frederick, 1869- 1
- Haskins, Abraham George 1
- James, Henry James, Baron, 1828-1911 1