Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Call Number: RH MS 1022
Overview This collection consists of materials related to Clenece Hills' teaching career as well as her interests and activities in the Lawrence, Kan. community. The collection also includes family and genealogical information, information from when her husband James was faculty adviser to the Haskell Indian Nations University student newspaper, and information from Mildred Seaman.
Dates: 1926 - 2015
Call Number: RH MS 863
Overview The papers of Esther Buhler Paxton, a graduate of the University of Kansas and long-time Lawrence, Kansas resident and piano teacher, consist chiefly of her membership records from the church and the masonic, social, and professional music organizations with which she was affiliated.
Dates: 1939 - 1990
Collection — Volume: 1
Call Number: RH MS DK4
Overview "Family puff book." -- Lawrence, Kan.? This scrapbook was compiled by Mrs. Grace Reynolds Cook, one of Samuel's children and a music teacher in Lawrence, who called it her "Family Puff Book." It contains newspaper clippings, photographs, and mementos of the Reynolds family. An attachment to the front cover indicates that the volume was placed in the Kansas Room of Watson Library through the courtesy of Miss Mary Maud Smelser.
Dates: approximately 1897 - 1955
Call Number: RH MS P94
Overview Materials related to histories Winnie D. Lowrance wrote about Lawrence and Douglas County, Kansas, as well as more specifically about Trinity Episcopal Church in Lawrence. Includes reference materials collected by Lowrance as well as notes.
Dates: 1926, 1938, 1940, 196?
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P20
Overview Sketch of the [lives of] Reverend John King Dunn and Mary Talman Dunn, his wife, by their son, Denton Dunn. Before 1939.
Dates: between 1834 and 1939
Call Number: RH MS 797
Overview The collection contains an early history of the Trinity Episcopal Church in Lawrence, Kan., vestry notebooks providing administrative and financial documentation about the church, newspaper clippings, parish bulletins, church directories, photographs, and youth group newsletters, among other related materials.
Dates: 1858 - 2004
- Names: Trinity Episcopal Church (Lawrence, Kan.) X
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Episcopalians -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Music teachers -- Correspondence 1
- Music teachers -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Piano -- Instruction and study -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Victoria (Kan.) -- History 1
- Women and freemasonry -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Women musicians -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1 ∧ less
- Cook, Grace Reynolds 1
- Delta Gamma. Lawrence Alumni Chapter (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Dunn, Denton, 1868?-1939 1
- Dunn, John King, 1834-1908 1
- Dunn, Mary Talman, 1836-1914 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Missouri 1
- Gilchrist family 1
- Haskell Indian Nations University 1
- Hills, Clenece Roberts 1
- Hills, James Arthur 1
- Kansas Federation of Music Clubs 1
- Lawrence Chamber of Commerce (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lipps family 1
- Lowrance, Winnie D. 1
- McClymonds family 1
- Mu Phi Epsilon. Lawrence Alumni Chapter (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- National Federation of Music Clubs 1
- Order of the Eastern Star. Adah Chapter No. 7 (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Paxton, Esther Buhler, 1906-1990 1
- Pi Beta Phi 1
- Reynolds family. 1
- Reynolds, Samuel, 1823-1911 1
- Roberts family 1
- Seaman, Mildred Irene 1
- South Junior High School (Lawrence, Kan.) 1 ∧ less