Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Call Number: RH MS 1507
Overview This collection consists of records related to Barbara Ballard's career as a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, including records related to the legislative process and to the election and campaigning processes.
Dates: 1982 - 2009
Call Number: RH MS 430
Overview The Billy Q. McCray papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who served in both the Kansas House of Representatives and the Kansas Senate before becoming director of the Kansas Department of Economic Development Office of Minority Business. This collection of McCray's papers includes correspondence from constituents, documents generated by the Education and the Ways and Means Committees, legislation introduced by McCray, and papers of the Kansas Legislature's Minority Caucus.
Call Number: RH MS 654
Overview The papers of Eugene Anderson are those of a long-time resident of Witchita, Kansas who served in both the State House of Representatives (from the 83rd District) and the State Senate (from the 29th District).
Dates: 1971 - 1986
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P749
Overview J. B. Littlejohn, a longtime Kansas resident, served as a State Representative for Shawnee County from 1977 to 1981; the collection includes a biography and portrait photograph.
Call Number: RH MS 662
Overview The papers of James P. Davis are those of a Kansas City, Kansas attorney who served in the State House of Representatives and as County Commissioner for the 2nd District of Wyandotte County.
Dates: 1952 - 1983
Call Number: RH MS 618
Overview The papers of Norman E. Justice document the African American legislator's political career as a nine-term member of the Kansas House of Representatives from the 34th district, and cover the issues that engaged him during four decades of public service.
Dates: 1944 - 2006
Call Number: RH MS 560
Overview Sherman Jones, a prominent citizen of Wyandotte County, Kansas, served in the Kansas State Legislature from 1988-2000. His papers consist primarily of material related to his political career during which he served an advocate for social issues representing minorities’ rights, public health, and social welfare.
Dates: 1987-2000; 1992,
Call Number: RH MS 627
Overview The Caldwell family papers are those of an African American family from Salina, Kansas. The majority of the papers concern Robert C. Caldwell, who was a Salina teacher, City Commissioner, and Salina's first African American and first school teacher elected Mayor. He also served as Representative for Salina in the Kansas Legislature.
Call Number: RH MS 648
Overview Theo Cribbs was a member of the Kansas State House of Representatives, representing the Sedgwick County 89th District from 1972-1991. The collection reflects his legislative activities, primarily in the form of correspondence.
Dates: 1976 - 1981
Call Number: RH MS 659
Overview The papers of William K. Marshall are those of a native Kansan who became the first African American to represent the 58th District in the Kansas State House of Representatives.
Dates: 1974 - 1976
- Subject: African American legislators -- Kansas X
- African American legislators -- Kansas 9
- African Americans -- Kansas -- Politics and government 8
- African American lawyers -- Kansas 1
- African American legislators -- Kansas -- Biography 1
- African American mayors -- United States 1
- African Americans -- Kansas 1
- Apartheid -- South Africa 1
- Economic sanctions, American -- South Africa 1
- Investments, American -- Law and legislation -- South Africa 1
- Kansas -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Kansas City (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Minority business enterprises -- Law and legislation -- Kansas 1
- Sedgwick County (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wichita (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1
- Wyandotte County (Kan.) -- Politics and government 1 ∧ less
- Kansas. Legislature 2
- African Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Anderson, Eugene, 1944- 1
- Ballard, Barbara, 1944- 1
- Caldwell family. 1
- Caldwell, Robert C., 1913-1999 1
- Cribbs, Theo, 1915-1993 1
- Davis, James P., 1927-1979 1
- Dunbar School (Salina, Kan.) 1
- Jones, Sherman J., 1935- 1
- Justice, Norman E., 1925-2003 1
- Kansas. Board of Regents 1
- Kansas. Legislature. House of Representatives 1
- Littlejohn, J. B. 1
- Marshall, William K., 1926-1999 1
- Marymount College of Kansas 1
- McCray, Billy Quincy, 1927-2012 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- Pittsburg State University 1
- Schreiner, Michael 1 ∧ less