Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Call Number: MS 202
Overview Collection of unbound drafts: novels and plays.
Dates: approximately 1917-1930s
Call Number: MS B78
Overview Handwritten magazine of poetry, essays, stories, watercolors issued by the members of the Golden Spear, a charitable and literary club. The Golden Spear appears to be named after a mountain near Bray, south of Dublin. The Home for Crippled Children in Bray opened by Mrs. Lucinda Sullivan in 1874, was renamed the Sunbeam House in 1930, and closed in 1960.
Dates: May 1887
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: MS P312
Overview The collection consists of 4 letters (handwritten, signed, 9 pages total) from Teerink to P.S. O'Hegarty. Also in the collection are 4 offprints of articles by Teerink on Swiftian bibliography and some articles regarding collections/exhibitions of materials concerning Irish author Jonathan Swift, including clippings from booksellers' catalogs. Teerink was attempting to find certain rare items from Swift and enlisting O'Hegarty's help.
Dates: 1948 - 1949
Call Number: MS P381
Overview This collection consists of a small amount of correspondence of Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett Dunsany, 18th Baron, 1878-1957, Irish dramatist and storyteller.
Dates: 1906 - 1950
Call Number: MS P298
Overview Letters to James Starkey, addressed to him as Seumas O'Sullivan, mostly dating from when he was editor of The Dublin Magazine. The letters are arranged alphabetically by writer; most items are addressed to "Starkey" or "James Starkey."
Dates: 1905 - 1951
Call Number: MS 24
Overview Collection of letters received by Anglo-Irish poet Arthur William Edgar O'Shaughnessy. The collection also contains correspondence between individuals surrounding O'Shaughnessy; some literary texts by O'Shaughnessy and others; photographs and some sketches found in letters; and other related materials. Primarily literary and artistic subjects.
Dates: 1832-1906 or later
Call Number: PP 615
Overview Harold Orel was a Professor of English specializing in Victorian and Edwardian literature at the University of Kansas. His papers include professional correspondence, teaching and research materials, conference materials and speaking notes, materials related to publications by Orel and other scholars, and personal ephemera.
Dates: 1941 - 2012
Call Number: MS P401
Overview Papers of Irish author, journalist, and historian Standish James O'Grady, whose popular English version of Irish sagas earned him the title "father of the Irish literary revival" in the late 19th century, particularly after William Butler Yeats and other Irish authors made his work more widely known. "University Club Dublin" paper was used for pieces of correspondence located at Ba:3, Bb:1, Bd:1.
Dates: 1892-1928; undated
Call Number: MS 25
Overview The Yeats family was a prominent Irish literary family in the 19th and 20th centuries. This collection includes some of their correspondence, business and personal, along with illustrations created by Jack Butler Yeats and poems written by William Butler Yeats. Also included are materials which belonged to Joseph Maunsell Hone, who wrote a biography of W.B. Yeats.
Dates: 1895 - 1957
- Subject: English literature -- Irish authors X
- English literature -- Irish authors 6
- English literature -- 19th century 2
- English literature -- Irish authors -- Correspondence 2
- Ireland 2
- Irish literature 2
- Irish literature -- 20th century 2
- Authors, Irish -- 19th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, Irish -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Drawings 1
- English literature -- Irish authors -- 20th century 1
- Watercolors 1 ∧ less
- Dunsany, Lord, 1878-1957 1
- Golden Spear (Periodical) 1
- Hardy, Thomas, 1840-1928 1
- Hone, Joseph M. (Joseph Maunsell), 1882-1959 1
- MacNamara, Brinsley, 1890-1963 1
- O'Grady, Standish, 1846-1928 1
- O'Hegarty, P. S. (Patrick Sarsfield), 1879-1955 1
- O'Shaughnessy, Arthur William Edgar, 1844-1881 1
- O'Sullivan, Seumas, 1879-1958 1
- Orel, Harold, 1926- 1
- Orel, Tim 1
- Swift, Jonathan, 1667-1745 1
- Teerink, H. (Herman) 1
- University of Kansas. Department of English 1
- Yeats (Family : Ireland, 1839-1957) 1
- Yeats family 1
- Yeats, Elizabeth Corbet, 1868-1940 1
- Yeats, Jack B. (Jack Butler), 1871-1957 1
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1959 1 ∧ less
- French 1