Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection of unbound drafts: novels and plays.
This collection includes correspondence and recordings of interviews with Irish writers, and additional paper materials related to interviews with the writers. The materials were compiled by Dr. Frank Kernsnowski, an English Professor and Irish studies scholar who earned his doctorate at the University of Kansas, and retired from Trinity University, San Antonio, Texas. Also included are enclosures removed from Kersnowski's book collection of Irish literature.
This collection consists of a small amount of correspondence of Edward John Moreton Drax Plunkett Dunsany, 18th Baron, 1878-1957, Irish dramatist and storyteller.
Letters to James Starkey, addressed to him as Seumas O'Sullivan, mostly dating from when he was editor of The Dublin Magazine. The letters are arranged alphabetically by writer; most items are addressed to "Starkey" or "James Starkey."
Correspondence involving editor Bruce Arnold, manuscripts, and proofs concerning the literary magazine The Dubliner, specifically related to volume 1, numbers 1-6 and volume 2 numbers 1-2 (November 1961-Summer 1963). The magazine was published by Bruce Arnold and Douglas Sealy of Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.
Kenneth Reddin was an Irish novelist and district justice in the first half of the 20th century, sometimes writing under the pseudonym of Kenneth Sarr. This collection contains versions of two of his works, "Sable and Silver" and "Another Shore," personal correspondence with well-known figures of the Irish literary revival and political figures, and printed materials created by Irish poets and writers.
The Yeats family was a prominent Irish literary family in the 19th and 20th centuries. This collection includes some of their correspondence, business and personal, along with illustrations created by Jack Butler Yeats and poems written by William Butler Yeats. Also included are materials which belonged to Joseph Maunsell Hone, who wrote a biography of W.B. Yeats.
- Subject: Irish literature X
- Irish literature 6
- Authors, Irish -- 20th century -- Correspondence 3
- Irish literature -- 20th century 3
- English literature -- Irish authors -- Correspondence 2
- Ireland 2
- Authors, Irish -- 18th century 1
- Dubliner (Literary magazine) 1
- English literature -- Irish authors 1
- English literature -- Irish authors -- 20th century 1
- English literature -- Northern Irish authors 1
- Ireland -- Politics and government -- 20th century 1
- Periodicals -- Publishing 1
- Poets, Irish -- 20th century -- Interviews 1 ∧ less
- Arnold, Bruce 1
- Dunsany, Lord, 1878-1957 1
- Hone, Joseph M. (Joseph Maunsell), 1882-1959 1
- Keane, Timothy, active 1880-1889 1
- Kersnowski, Frank L., 1934- 1
- MacConmara, Donough, -1810 1
- MacNamara, Brinsley, 1890-1963 1
- Merriman, Brian, 1747?-1805 1
- Milligan, Alice, 1866-1953 1
- O'Sullivan, Seumas, 1879-1958 1
- Reddin, Kenneth, 1895-1967 1
- Sealy, Douglas, 1929-2013 1
- Yeats (Family : Ireland, 1839-1957) 1
- Yeats family 1
- Yeats, Elizabeth Corbet, 1868-1940 1
- Yeats, Jack B. (Jack Butler), 1871-1957 1
- Yeats, W. B. (William Butler), 1865-1959 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- Irish 1