Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Typescript of "Ancestors and Descendants of Frances Christina McCreath Taylor," written in Lawrence, Kansas in 1965 by author, Frances Christina McCreath Taylor. Description of the genealogy of Taylor from 1811 to 1965.
This collection includes records of the Douglas County Genealogical Society in Kansas dating from its founding in 1975 to the early 2000s. The collection includes meeting minutes, financial records and treasurer's reports, and other administrative records for the organization. There are also a number of the organization's quarterly newsletters, "The Pioneer," including a small history of their logo and information on the numerous workshops and seminars they have held in Lawrence, KansasS.
This project originated as part of the course requirements for History 8, United States History, 1865 to the Present, taught by William Juhnke, in an effort to build a database related to in-migration to Kansas. The collection has since been added to by Mark Rose.
Photocopies of Chaffin-Shorb pedigree chart and of Baker-Brenner pedigree chart.
The collection of Fay Stainbrook Talley, a longtime Lawrence, Kansas, resident, contains primarily photocopies of reference material for genealogical research, Talley family genealogical information, and materials relating to her participation in various clubs and organizations including the Lawrence Flower Club, Douglas County Historical Society, Rebekah Lodge, and Pilot Club.
This collection contains family memorobilia, including photographs, biographies, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and scrapbooks dating from the 19th through the early 21st centuries for the Harrell and Willey families, who settled in Kansas during the territorial era and early statehood.
Typescript (carbon copy) of "The Haskell Family of Weathersfield, Vermont, 1787-1933, compiled by John Gideon Haskell," and typescript (transcript, carbon copy) of the "Will of Roger Haskell of Beverly, , copied from the original on file in Essex County Probate Office."
The papers of Mildred P. Reid Mounger are those of a Kansas native who, through the Capital Household Technicians and Topeka Household Technicians both of which she began, worked to better conditions for household workers.
Nellie Barnes taught Rhetoric at the University of Kansas from 1918-1956. Her collection includes maps, stories of Kansas lore and history, student theme papers, and lyrics to folk songs. The bulk of the collection comprises personal and family papers, project manuscripts and miscellaneous research with content dating back to 1750, and alphabetical files of letters to author Mary Austin. A carbon set of the letters is at the end of the collection.
Proven ancestory of John Edwin Darby and Charlotte Amelia Bremerman. A supplement to John Edwin Darby, his descendants, and known ancestors. Manhattan, Kansas, 1967.
- Subject: Kansas -- Genealogy X
- Kansas -- Genealogy 11
- Family archives -- Kansas 2
- Illinois -- Genealogy 2
- African American women -- Economic conditions 1
- African American women -- Employment 1
- African American women -- Political activity 1
- African American women -- Social conditions 1
- African American women -- Societies and clubs 1
- Authors, American 1
- Brantford (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Clyde (Kan.) -- Church history 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Douglas County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Illinois 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Kansas 1
- Genealogy 1
- Iowa -- Genealogy 1
- Kansas -- History 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- Genealogy 1
- Lutherans -- Kansas -- Washington County 1
- New York (State) -- Genealogy 1
- Swedes -- Kansas -- Brantford 1
- Swedes -- Kansas -- Genealogy 1
- Swedes -- Kansas -- Washington County 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives 1
- Vermont -- Genealogy 1
- Virginia -- Genealogy 1
- Women -- Economic conditions 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1
- Women household employees -- United States 1 ∧ less
- Baker family 1
- Baker, Norma June Chaffin, 1925- 1
- Barnes family 1
- Barnes, Nellie 1
- Brenner family 1
- Capital Household Technicians, Inc. (Sacramento, Calif.) 1
- Chaffin family 1
- Darby, Charlotte Amelia, 1845-1922 1
- Darby, Earl G. (Earl Gilbert), 1897- 1
- Darby, John Edwin, 1840-1922 1
- Day, Mary Virginia 1
- Douglas County, Kansas, Genealogical Society 1
- Gentry family 1
- Hall (Family : 1860-1869 : Ill.) 1
- Harrell (Family : 1862- : Douglas County, Kan.) 1
- Harrell family 1
- Haskell family. 1
- Haskell, John Gideon, 1832-1907 1
- Haskell, Roger, 1613-1667 1
- Jackson family. 1
- Juhnke, William Ernest 1
- Martin, James B. (James Bernard), 1943- 1
- National Committee on Household Employment 1
- Peoples family. 1
- Reid, Mildred P., 1916- 1
- Rose, Mark 1
- Security Training Institute (San Diego, Calif.) 1
- Shorb family 1
- Talley family 1
- Talley, Fay Stainbrook, 1916- 1
- Taylor, Frances Christina McCreath, 1892- 1
- Topeka Household Technicians, Inc. (Topeka, Kan.) 1
- University of Kansas 1
- Willey (Family : 1855- : Kansas) 1
- Willey family 1
- Zion Lutheran Church (Clyde, Kan.) 1 ∧ less
- Swedish 1