Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Call Number: RH MS R23
Overview Miscellaneous collection of counter culture, youth culture, drug culture, and Vietnamese conflict-related posters primarily from the mid- to late 1960s, but probably including some of early 1970s vintage. The collection is divided into 4 categories: Prominent individuals, Vietnam and related, Psychedelic and drug, and Counter culture and miscellaneous.
Dates: approximately 1960s-early 1970s
Call Number: RH WL MS 22
Overview This collection of ephemeral protest literature from the 1960s contains communications supporting efforts of the United Farm Workers, protesting U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, and supporting anti-war prisoners at the San Francisco Presidio Stockade who were charged with mutiny in 1968 for non-violent protest of their conditions and for the Army's shooting of a fellow prisoner.
Dates: approximately 1969
Call Number: RH MS 1019
Overview Jan Flora and Dave Bunten served as counselors for a project at Fort Riley, Riley County, Kansas during the Vietnam War. This collection is comprised of working files as well as publications regarding conscientious objector status and service discharge.
Call Number: RH MS 162
Overview This collection consists of activist publications from the 1960s and 1970s, including from the Stevens Institute of Hoboken, New Jersey, and from the Students for a Democratic Society, maintained by Fred Whitehead from when he was a student at the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas and Columbia University in New York.
Dates: 1963 - 1970
Call Number: RH MS 664
Overview This collection contains letters from James B. English during his service to the United States when stationed in Di An and Long Binh, Vietnam during the Vietnam War. The letters are to his family and have been arranged chronologically by date sent.
Dates: 1968 - 1969
Call Number: RH MS 1417
Overview This collection consists of correspondence, minutes of the Lawrence Peace Center's Steering Committee, newsletters, pamphlets, and newspaper clippings belonging to the Lawrence Peace Center, an organization that focused on anti-war movements regarding the Vietnam War. Also included are letters addressed to politicians and anti-war voting information.
Dates: 1964 - 1981
Call Number: RH WL MS 61
Overview Forum posts, essays, and books relating to the Vietnam War, War on Terror, and philosophical research of Leonard Magruder.
Dates: 2002-2019, mostly undated but probably from the 1960s-1970s
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P116
Scope and Contents Pearson as U.S. Senator from Kansas discusses reconnaissance flights over North Vietnam in reply to a letter from Heron.
Dates: December 16, 1970
Call Number: RH MS 1091
Overview These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
Dates: 1956 - 1987
Call Number: RH WL MS 55
Overview Michael Zweig was a graduate student and professor of Economics during the Vietnam War, when he was involved in anti-war and draft opposition efforts and served as a draft counsellor. This collection contains materials related to campus and community anti-war and draft opposition activism and draft counselling for conscientious objectors.
Dates: 1964-1971; undated
Call Number: RH WL MS 56
Overview Sharon Feldman was a peace activist in the Detroit, Michigan metro area. This collection includes published resources from a variety of leftist political activist groups. The bulk of the materials date from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s and focus on the Israel-Palestine conflict and human rights in Central America. Earlier materials from the Workers World Party include notes from the 1971 Party conference and ephemera concerning anti-Vietnam War activism. Also present in the collection are...
Dates: 1963 - 1993
Call Number: RH MS 189
Overview Sound recordings and photographic negatives of racial and student disturbances in Lawrence, Kansas, March, 1970 - May, 1970 recorded by Dennis Embry and Brian W. Miller.
The Dr. David A. Otto, Special Envoy for the Missouri State Teachers Association during the time of the 1971 Paris Peace Talks, collection
Call Number: RH MS 1257
Overview In 1971 a delegation of six individuals travelled to Paris, France as representatives of the Missouri State Teachers Association (MSTA). Their goal was to speak with the Provisional Revolutionary Government of North Vietnam concerning American prisoners of war, and to present 20,000 letters written by MSTA members about the prisoners. The delegation included Dr. David Otto, Stephens College professor of biology; three Stephens College students, Carolyn Crawford, Debby Hargett, and Ann...
Dates: 1970 - 1971
Call Number: RH MS 835
Overview This collection contains audio cassettes and transcripts of interviews of seventeen U.S. men who were of military age during the Vietnam War, describing their personal experiences of the war and the Vietnam era both as soldiers and civilians. The interviews were conducted as an oral history project concerning the Vietnam era by University of Kansas undergraduate students enrolled in a fall 1994 history class. Included with the transcripts are their separate research papers which stemmed from...
Dates: October 1994-January 1995
- Subject: Vietnam War, 1961-1975 X
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 6
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- United States 4
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Conscientious objectors -- United States 3
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Africa 1
- Arab-Israeli conflict -- Sources 1
- China 1
- Communism 1
- Ethnicity -- United States 1
- Human rights -- Central America 1
- Lawrence (Kan.) -- History 1
- Military discharge -- Kansas 1
- Pacifism -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Peaceful change (International relations) 1
- Political posters -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Posters -- 20th century -- Specimens 1
- Protest literature -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Radicalism -- United States 1
- Radicalism -- United States -- Periodicals 1
- Recreational drug use -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Socialism -- United States 1
- South America 1
- Student movements -- United States 1
- Student strikes 1
- Students -- Periodicals 1
- Students -- Political activity -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Posters -- Specimens 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Protest movements -- Kansas -- Lawrence 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Veterans -- Interviews 1
- War on Terrorism, 2001-2009 1
- Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs 1 ∧ less
- American Friends Service Committee 1
- Anderson, Mervyn, 1899-1996 1
- Anderson, Susan, active 1977 1
- Bunten, Dave 1
- Clodfelter, Micheal, 1946- 1
- Columbia University 1
- Columbia-Barnard SDS 1
- Embry, Dennis D., 1948- 1
- English, James B. 1
- Feldman, Sharon, 1946- 1
- Flora, Jan L., 1941- 1
- Friends in Council (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Goetze, David, 1949- 1
- Heron, David W. (David Winston), 1920- 1
- Katzman, David M. 1
- Lawrence Coalition for Peace and Justice (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- Lawrence Peace Center (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) 1
- League of Women Voters of Kansas 1
- Magruder, Leonard MacKenzie, 1928-2015 1
- Miller, Brian Wade 1
- Moore, Anne H.T. 1
- Otto, David Arthur, 1934- 1
- Pearson , James B. (James Blackwood), 1920- 1
- Stevens Institute of Technology 1
- Students for a Democratic Society (U.S.) 1
- United Farm Workers Organizing Committee 1
- United States. Congress (91st, 2nd session : 1970-1971) 1
- University Women's Club (University of Kansas) 1
- University of Kansas. Department of History 1
- Vietnam Summer (Organization) 1
- Whitehead, Fred 1
- Zweig, Michael, 1942- 1 ∧ less
- French 2