Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Call Number: RH MS 969
Overview Florence Snow (1861-1955) was a poet and author who lived most of her life in Kansas. These papers include her journals and notebooks, correspondence, poems and other writings, public proofs and notes, and studies of the human hand.
Dates: 1895 - 1954
Call Number: RH MS 14
Overview The Guanetta Gordon Collection contains the work of a native Kansas poet and author, who was both that state's poet laureate and Arizona's Poet of the Year. The collection dates from 1953 to 1992 and is comprised of original manuscripts, worksheets, and drafts for the poems, articles, essays, and short stories written by Guanetta Gordon since 1953. The manuscripts in boxes 1-4 are arranged alphabetically by literary type.
Dates: 1953 - 1992
Call Number: RH MS 152
Overview Correspondence between Gwendolyn Brooks and Van Allen Bradley, literary editor of the Chicago Daily News, 1949-1967, and between Bradley and others about Brooks. In addition, there is an unsigned autobiographical sketch written by Brooks, clippings collected by her, and a photograph. The letters are primarily about book reviewing and her writing.
Dates: 1949 - 1967
Call Number: RH MS 367
Overview This collection contains the many poems and other writings of Tescott, Kansas librarian Hester Buell (1900-1993), which include her remembrances and memorabilia of her brother Harold and sister Helen. Within the collection correspondence are Miss Buell's letters from Wint Smith (U.S. Congressman from Kansas, 1947-1961).
Dates: approximately 1940s and 1979-1987
Call Number: RH MS P674
Overview This collection of items by and about Honolulu, Hawaii poet Jane Comstock dates from 1938 to 1946. It consists of three Christmas cards sent from Jane Comstock and her husband; a Honolulu news clipping concerning Waikiki Garden (one of Comstock's books of verse); and a reprinted Honolulu news report of a radio broadcast of poetry readings by Comstock.
Dates: 1938 - 1946
Call Number: MS 223
Overview Letitia Elizabeth Landon (L.E.L.) was an English poet and novelist in the early 19th century. This collection contains several poems, as well as letters sent and received by Landon. Additional letters written by Landon's mother Catherine Jane (Bishop) Landon and a family friend, Katherine Thomson (1797-1856), are included.
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: MS P568
Overview Letter written by J.T. Frisbie to Richard Salisbury of Syracuse, New York. The letter describes the life of Caroline M. Congdon (1841-186), the semi-paralyzed poet of Amber or Otisco Valley, Onondaga County, New York, and the device she used for writing.
Dates: May 1900
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P322
Overview This bibliographical checklist covers the years 1924-1974 and was prepared by her daughter, likely in Columbus, Ohio in 1976.
Call Number: RH MS 21
Overview This collection includes May Williams Wards' correspondence, manuscripts of several of her poems, photographs, news clippings, reviews, and other materials relaed to Ward's career as a poet and to her personal life.
Dates: 1920 - 1968
Call Number: MS 45
Overview This collection contains the correspondence, notes, drafts, proofs, and one photograph pertaining to Mackenzie Bell's preparations in writing a magazine article about fellow 19th century English poet and author Jean Ingelow. The article was prepared for The Atlantic Monthly and Girls' Quarterly.
Dates: 1870 - 1897
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P229
Overview Correspondence received from various Kansas authors in response to Braithwaite's request for poems to be anthologized, or in some instances authors offering poetry for publication. Some of the poets were members of The Kansas Authors Club.
- Subject: Women poets X
- Women poets 7
- American poetry -- Kansas 3
- Women -- Kansas 2
- Women poets, English -- 19th century 2
- African American poetry 1
- American poetry 1
- Authors -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- Correspondence 1
- Chicago daily news 1
- Hawaii -- Poetry 1
- Journalists -- Correspondence 1
- Ottawa County (Kan.) -- History 1
- Poetics 1
- Poetry -- Collections 1
- Poetry -- Kansas 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century 1
- Tescott (Kan.) -- History 1
- Women authors 1
- Women poets, American -- 19th century 1
- Women poets, American -- 20th century 1 ∧ less
- Buell, Hester, 1900-1993 2
- Kansas Authors' Club 2
- Bell, Mackenzie, 1856-1930 1
- Bradley, Van Allen, 1913-1984 1
- Braithwaite, William Stanley, 1878-1962 1
- Brooks, Gwendolyn, 1917-2000 1
- Buell, Harold E., 1897-1981 1
- Buell, Helen C., 1903-1935 1
- Comstock, Jane, 1874-1958 1
- Congdon, Caroline M. 1
- Diehnel, Ellie Tatum 1
- Frisbie, J. T. 1
- Gordon, Guanetta, 1905- 1
- Hanmit, Edwin P. 1
- Haughawout, Margaret E. 1
- Hess, Mary Carolina 1
- Hess, Mary Whitcomb, active 1924-1974 1
- Ingelow, Jean, 1820-1897 1
- L. E. L. (Letitia Elizabeth Landon), 1802-1838 1
- Levine, Issac 1
- Lowdermilk, Patricia Cannales, -1928 1
- Orr, Hugh Robert 1
- Pinet, Frank Leo, 1881-1941 1
- Price, M. Etta, 1881-1932 1
- Reinceke, John E. 1
- Robinson, May Griffee 1
- Searson, J. W. (James William), 1873-1927 1
- Sherar, Marguerite F. 1
- Smith, J. Albert 1
- Smith, Wint, 1892-1976 1
- Snow, Florence L. (Florence Lydia), 1861-1955 1
- Ward, May Williams, 1882-1975 1
- Whitcomb, Edna Osborne, 1892- 1
- Whitcomb, Selden Lincoln, 1866-1930 1
- Wright, Hilliard 1 ∧ less