Lawrence (Kan.) -- Maps
Found in 9 records:
Map was made by Hoad during 1897-98, his senior year at KU in civil engineering. It was published by the KU Country Club. For Hoad's letters describing how he made the map, see RH MS P71.
Photocopy of paper on Lawrence public transit, 1871-1980, including a series of maps which indicate public transportation routes
The Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Office implements city and county comprehensive plans by developing and administering zoning codes, regulations, plans and policies. It guides land use planning principles and practices and supports city and county commission, including the Lawrence-Douglas County Planning Commission. These maps document city and county planning between 1857-2000 which include the redevelopment plans for downtown Lawrence, Kansas.
This collection consists of later photocopies of 14 demographic maps of Lawrence, Kansas created in 1936. The maps were created for the city of Lawrence during a land survey project conducted by the Works Progress Administration (WPA).
A plat of Lane Place, by Wm. F. Goodlove and George H. Pruett, surveyors. Lawrence, Kansas. Lane Place became known as the Lane Addition in Lawrence, Kansas
Hoad taught Civil Engineering at the University of Kansas from 1900-1912. This collection consists of a map of the vicinity of Lawrence produced by Hoad on behalf of the Universit of Kansas Country Club.
Printed book, with handwritten notes, and map.
This collection consists of correspondence between William C. Hoad and others. The first letter, dated 1942, is addressed to Mrs. W. C. Stevens, and explains in detail how Hoad made the "Map of the vicinity of Lawrence" published by the University of Kansas Country Club. The second letter, 1956, addressed to Fred Ellsworth, explains the red pencil markings and presents the item to Ellsworth. The final letter is Ellsworth's letter of acknowledgement, with commentary on KU salaries in 1912.