Women -- Kansas -- Lawrence -- Societies and clubs
Found in 32 records:
The Afro-American Clubwomen's Project was a grant-funded collecting project, developed by the University of Kansas Women's Studies program, which sought to document the history of African American Women's clubs in Kansas.
The Papers of Alberta Pitcher are those of a long time Lawrence, Kansas resident who worked in the houses of several University of Kansas fraternities.
Correspondence, records, photographs and miscellaneous papers of Anna Lawson Tonkinson spanning the years from 1913-1962.
The Emma E. Woods papers are those of a longtime Wichita, Kansas resident and dietitian who was an active member of various social groups, including the Booker T. Washington Literary and Art Club.
The collection of Fay Stainbrook Talley, a longtime Lawrence, Kansas, resident, contains primarily photocopies of reference material for genealogical research, Talley family genealogical information, and materials relating to her participation in various clubs and organizations including the Lawrence Flower Club, Douglas County Historical Society, Rebekah Lodge, and Pilot Club.
Friends in Council of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1871 as a women's organization dedicated to cultural enrichment of its members. The collection includes records of members, constitution with amendments, minutes, and clippings.
This collection of documents relates to the Kansas Association of Colored Women's Clubs, particularly the 1977 State Annual Communication in Arkansas City, Kansas.
The Lawrence (Kansas) Business and Professional Women's Club was founded to improve the professional, personal, economic and educational outlook for women. The records of the club include yearbooks, scrapbooks, programs, minutes, correspondence, clippings, photographs, and other miscellaneous materials.
The Papers of Marguerite Hill are those of a longtime Lawrence, Kansas resident and teacher.
These papers of Lawrence, Kansas resident Mervyn Anderson document her active involvement in various service organizations, including the League of Women Voters, Friends in Council of Lawrence, and the University Women's Club of the University of Kansas. Included are clippings and records of her presidency of the Lawrence League of Women Voters and her personal recollections of challenges faced in seeking League support during its early years.
This collection contains the minutes and treasury records of the Midland Rural Club of Lawrence (Douglas County), Kansas, a women's club which formed on January 24, 1904 for the mutual enjoyment of its members and was in existence through May 18, 1978.
The No Name Club, a woman's literary club, was organized in February 1876, under the name, The Ladies' Reading Circle. In December 1876, the club voted to change the name to the No Name Club. The collection consists of fourteen bound volumes containing meeting minutes, attendance rolls, newspaper clippings, and photographs. No Name Club programs for years 1889-2005 are found at RH Ser C1260.
The G.A.R. in Kansas was organized shortly after the Civil War. This collection consists of thirteen manuscript volumes. Twelve of these volumes are minutes of the organizations meetings. The thirteenth volume is a membership roster.
The Mother's Discussion Club of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1934 to study and exchange ideas about child nurturing and development. The group gradually disbanded over several years in the late 1980s. This collection includes most of the secretary minute notebooks from 1934-1984, the treasurer's ledger from 1934-1947, and correspondence and cards.
The Mother's League of Lawrence, Kansas, was founded in 1913 to study and exchange ideas about child development and home life. Eventually the group changed its focus of study to include other interesting and inspirational topics. This collection includes the secretary minute notebooks from 1916-1979.
The Ne Plus Ultra Art and Literary Club records are those of a local collective effort among Topeka, Kansas, women to promote unity and goodwill through domestic artwork, literature and community service.
Margaret Stockton was involved in community involvement and social work in Lawrence, Kansas, especially the Council of Social Agencies and the Recreation Commission. This collection comprises Stockton's papers of her community work and also personal and family matters.
This collection contains the records of the Plymouth Congregational Church of Lawrence, Kansas, dating from its founding in the 1850s to the present day. The collection includes a wide variety of administrative documentation, including committee and organizational meeting minutes, orders of service, financial records, membership information, photographs, building specifications and architectural drawings, mortgage and property information, correspondence, and other related materials.
Sarah Richardson founded the Quivira Club in 1895 in Lawrence, Kansas with an aim for mutual improvement and study. This collection consists of meeting minutes, reports and records, photographs, copies of written presentations given at the club, and newspaper clippings relating to the women's club.
La Sertoma is a women's service organization. The Lawrence chapter of La Sertoma International was founded in 1930 as the Lawrence Co-Operette Club; the group's name was changed in 1951. This collection contains assorted papers of the La Sertoma Club, including correspondence, programs, rosters, booklets and newsletters, scrapbooks, yearbooks, correspondence, and organizational documents.