Fred Holmes Bowersock diary
Diary of Fred Holmes Bowersock's 1886 trip to Europe, with daily expenses. Bowersock, the son of prominent Lawrence, Kansas-based businessman Justin DeWitt Bowersock, was accompanied on this trip to Europe by University of Kansas Professor W.H. Carruth. England, The Netherlands, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, and Austria were in the itinerary. Bowersock took voice, piano, and guitar lessons, visited many landmarks and art galleries, etc.
- January-August 1886
- Bowersock, Fred Holmes, 1868-1939 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 volume : Holograph, unpaged ; Volume measures 19 cm tall.
Language of Materials
RH MS B41
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Justin Hill, 1966.
- Guide to the Fred Holmes Bowersock Collection
- Fred Holmes Bowersock diary
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 1974. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Fred Holmes Bowersock diary, Kansas Collection, RH MS B41, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States