Samuel Hunt Davis autobiography
Notebook containing an autobiography, dated July 2, 1931, with a biographical sketch of Homer Winslow Davis, an autobiographical sketch of Emma Stubbs Davis, and a history of the Hesper monthly meeting dating from circa 1955. Clippings (including obituaries), annotated map of New Orleans and vicinity, a family genealogy, and two pieces of correspondence accompany manuscript.
- July 2, 1931; approximately 1955
- Davis, Samuel Hunt, 1848-1938 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (62 leaves)
Language of Materials
RH MS P16
- Guide to the Samuel Hunt Davis Collection
- Samuel Hunt Davis autobiography
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 1972. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Samuel Hunt Davis collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P16, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States