Papers of the Freemasons, Tyrian Lodge No. 246 (Garden City, Kan.)
Papers from the Tyrian Lodge, no. 246, of the Garden City, Kan. Freemasons lodge. The papers include a receipt book, financial ledger, bylaws for the lodge, and a letter from John Q. Carter to James A. Cassler. Most of the items date from the 1890s.
- Creation: 1891-1934
- Freemasons. Tyrian Lodge No. 246 (Garden City, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Administrative history of the Garden City Freemasons
Early in 1884, a group of Garden City, Finney County, Kansas residents had a number of meetings to organize a Masonic Lodge in Garden City, and were granted a charter in that same year. No. 246, the Tyrian lodge of the Ancient Free & Accepted Masons, continues to meet regularly.
4 folders (4 folders + 2 volumes)
Language of Materials
RH MS P273
RH MS A33
RH MS CK13
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, John Okley Carter, October 1959.
- Guide to the Freemasons, Tyrian Lodge No. 246 of Garden City Collection
- Papers of the Freemasons, Tyrian Lodge No. 246 (Garden City, Kan.)
- Finding aid prepared by pg December 1975. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2010, revised by mwh, 2016. This finding aid was produced using ArchivesSpace on 2016-11-07 09:02:07 -0600.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Papers of the Freemasons, Tyrian Lodge No. 246 (Garden City, Kan.), RH MS P273, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.