Reminiscences of the Dust Bowl
This group of oral history tapes, recorded on thirteen 90 minute cassette tapes, was collected by Donald Worster, Associate Professor of American Studies, University of Hawaii when conducting research for his book on the Dust Bowl. The objectives of the interviews conducted in September 1977, in southwestern Kansas and the panhandle of Oklahoma, were to ascertain personal backgrounds of the interviewers and to record their recollections. The interviews were generally informal with no advance warning given to the interviewees.
- September 1977
- Worster, Donald, 1941- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
13 items (13 audio cassette tapes)
RH MS 271
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Donald Worster, 1978.
- Guide to the Donald Worster Collection
- Reminiscences of the Dust Bowl
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 9/1978. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2017.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Reminiscences of the Dust Bowl, Kansas Collection, RH MS 271, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas