Barber family (Lawrence, Kansas) letter to the Lawrence Journal-World
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P253
The Barber family is discussed, and special mention is made of one Thomas Barber, who was murdered in Lawrence. His story is recounted in a fictional work entitled, The Surveyor by Truman Nelson, a book about John Brown.
- June 8, 1961
- Lewis, Gertrude Barber (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (2 leaves) : 28cm., holograph, signed
RH MS P253
Nelson, Truman. The Surveyor. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1960. Available at Spencer Research Library at RH C5342.
- Guide to the Gertrude Barber Lewis Collection
- Barber family (Lawrence, Kansas) letter to the Lawrence Journal-World
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 7 January 1975. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Gertrude Barber Lewis Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P253, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas