Barber family (Lawrence, Kansas) letter to the Lawrence Journal-World
The Barber family is discussed, and special mention is made of one Thomas Barber, who was murdered in Lawrence. His story is recounted in a fictional work entitled, The Surveyor by Truman Nelson, a book about John Brown.
- June 8, 1961
- Lewis, Gertrude Barber (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (2 leaves) : 28cm., holograph, signed
Language of Materials
RH MS P253
Nelson, Truman. The Surveyor. Garden City, NY: Doubleday, 1960. Available at Spencer Research Library at RH C5342.
- Guide to the Gertrude Barber Lewis Collection
- Barber family (Lawrence, Kansas) letter to the Lawrence Journal-World
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 7 January 1975. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2020.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Gertrude Barber Lewis Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P253, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States