Minute Book of the Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County (Kan.)
The Minute Book of the Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County, Kansas, provides meeting and membership information for a chapter of the National Negro Business League, a former name of the National Business League.
- 1911 - 1914
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County [Kansas]
The Negro Business League Topeka and Shawnee County was formed in August 1911. As stated in the League's Constitution, the organization's purpose was "to stimulate greater activity and growth in business enterprises" among area African Americans. The organization provided support for those already in business and encouraged others to begin businesses. The Topeka and Shawnee County branch was part of the larger National Negro Business League, founded by Booker T. Washington in 1900 and now called the National Business League.
1 volume ; 21 x 13.5 cm
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County Minute Book dates from 1911 to 1914. The book includes the League's Constitution, Charter, Meeting Minutes, and, at the back, Roster and Dues Collected listings. The book is somewhat fragile.
RH MS C86
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Flossie Holland, 1992
- Guide to the Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County Collection
- Minute Book of the Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County (Kan.)
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2006 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Negro Business League of Topeka and Shawnee County Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS C86, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States