Emily Isabelle Combes letters
A typed transcription of letters written by Emily Isabelle Combes in 1871 to her fiance in Ohio. Combes moved to Rice County, Kansas, with her father where they homesteaded. Her letters describe pioneer life on the prairie, relations between white settlers and Native Americans, buffalo hunts, prairie fires, and other experiences she had in Kansas.
- April 21, 1871 to December 17, 1871
- Combes, Emily Isabelle (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Language of Materials
RH MS P460
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Book fair, Watson Library, University of Kansas, 1982.
- Guide to the Emily Isabelle Combes Collection
- Emily Isabelle Combes letters
- Finding aid prepared by lt, 1982. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Emily Isabelle Combes letters, RH MS P460, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States