Kansas Public School Diploma Awarded to Pansy, a Brown County, Kansas pony.
This Kansas public school diploma was awarded to Pansy, a piebald pony who for twenty-two years carried the children of Tom and Flora Hart to school in the Padonia Township of Brown County, Kansas. Pansy received her diploma with the Brown County Common School's 8th grade graduates of 1932, sharing the platform with other members of the class. Donated by one of the Hart children, Thelma Hart Berkley, the collection includes photocopies of the 1932 commencement program and of news articles regarding Pansy.
- September 24, 1931; 1932
- Berkley, Thelma Hart (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder : signed 24 September 1931; related photocopies dating from 1932 ; 25 x 38 cm
Language of Materials
RH MS P782
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Thelma Hart (Mrs. Morton) Berkley, 1993
- Guide to the Kansas Public School Diploma Awarded to Pansy, a Brown County, Kansas pony.
- Kansas Public School Diploma Awarded to Pansy, a Brown County, Kansas pony.
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mh, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Kansas Public School Diploma Awarded to Pansy, a Brown County, Kansas pony, Kansas Collection, RH MS P782, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States