Wendell J. Stuteley papers
The Wendell J. Stuteley papers are those of a longtime Kansas resident; they include items related to various family members, including an uncle and Stuteley's wife, Ernestine.
- 1865 - 1989
- Stuteley, Wendell J., 1906?- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Wendell J. Stuteley
Wendell J. Stuteley was born circa 1906 to Clarence and Rose Stuteley. He graduated from Garnett High School, Garnett, Kansas, in 1925. Stuteley married Ernestine Neva Waters, who worked for 25 years in the Missouri Division of Family Services. Ernestine Stuteley died in April 2006.
4 folders ; 25 x 38 cm
Language of Materials
Scope and Contents
The Wendell J. Stuteley papers date from 1865 to 1989. They are arranged in a single series and include such items as correspondence, clippings, diplomas, and Army documents. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by subject.
RH MS P793
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ernestine W. Stuteley and Alice Fowler, 1989
- Guide to the Wendell J. Stuteley Collection
- Wendell J. Stuteley papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Wendell J. Stuteley Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P793, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States