Letters to the banking firm of Hussey, Dahler & Company from Leavenworth, Kansas businesses
A collection of seventeen letters written to the banking firm of Hussey, Dahler & Company from Leavenworth, Kansas businesses (primarily those engaged in banking and insurance), 1867-1870.
- 1867 - 1870
- Hussey-Dahler Company (Virginia City, Mont.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of Hussey, Dahler & Company
Hussey, Dahler & Company, owned by Warren Hussey and Charles L. Dahler, was a Montana banking firm which opened in 1866. The firm had branches in Virginia City and Helena, Montana, as well as in Salt Lake City, Utah. Dahler became sole owner of the banks in 1872.
1 folder (17 letters)
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of seventeen business letters written from Leavenworth, Kansas between 1867 and 1870 to the Virginia City branch of the banking firm of Hussey, Dahler & Company. The letters, which concern accounts and transactions with the banking firm, are from four Leavenworth banks and insurance companies, as well as from Thomas C. Stevens who from 1857 to 1866 was co-owner, with Kansas Governor Thomas Carney, of Leavenworth's first wholesale house.
Letters are arranged alphabetically by name of company or personal surname, subarranged chronologically.
RH MS P614
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Charles Apfelbaum, 1996.
- Guide to the Hussey, Dahler & Company Collection
- Letters to the banking firm of Hussey, Dahler & Company from Leavenworth, Kansas businesses
- Finding aid prepared by mh, 2004; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mh, 2004; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Hussey, Dahler & Company Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P614, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries