University of Kansas Center for Excellence records
The Center for Excellence program at KU developed in response to efforts by the Kansas Legislature to promote high technology research across departments and disciplines. Professor Takeru Higuchi, of the School of Pharmacy, took an initial leadership role. The Center for Bioanalytical Research was created under this program as was the Higuchi Biosciences Center.
- Creation: 1983 - 2002
- University of Kansas. Center for Excellence (Program) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Some series in this record group will require permission from the office of origin before use. Personnel and student records are closed in accordance with applicable law. All requests are subject to review by the Archives staff to determine accessibility.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
4.5 Linear Feet (12 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is arranged in the followin series:
- Center for Excellence
- Center for Bioanalytical Research
- Molecular Structure Group
- Center for Biomedical Research
- Center for Drug Delivery Research
- Center for Excellence in Computer-aided Systems
- Information and Telecommunication Technology Center
- Center for Environmentally Beneficial Catalysis
University Archives continues to add material to this collection on a regular basis.
The Collection Description was current as of Sept. 13 2010
- Higuchi, Takeru, 1918-1987 (Person)
- University of Kansas. Center for Bioanalytical Research (Organization)
- University of Kansas. Higuchi Biosciences Center (Organization)
- University of Kansas. Center for Excellence (Program) -- Records and correspondence (Organization)
- Guide to the Records of the University of Kansas
- University of Kansas Center for Excellence records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006, updated by lmb, 2010; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
University of Kansas Center for Excellence records, University Archives, RG 13, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries