Cynthia Reed papers
The Cynthia Reed papers are those of a longtime Wichita, Kansas resident who worked as a beautician in that city.
- 1941 - 1954
- Reed, Cynthia (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Cynthia Reed
Cynthia Griffin married Charlie H. Reed; the couple moved from Atlanta, Texas to Augusta, Kansas in 1922 and then, in 1933, to Wichita. After arriving in Kansas, Reed earned a beauty course degree and, in 1941, was licensed to practice Cosmetology and Hairdressing. Meanwhile, her husband worked for the U.S. Post Office. The couple had twin daughters and also served as a foster family.
Scope and Contents
The Cynthia Reed papers date from 1941 to 1954 and consist of clippings, a certificate, and a license, all of which are photocopies. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P P835; copy negatives are available for some images, these are noted within the collection description.
RH MS P835
RH MS-P P835
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Cynthia Reed, 1988.
- Guide to the Cynthia Reed Collection
- Cynthia Reed papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by, cl 2010. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the process of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Cynthia Reed Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P835, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries