F. Wesley Krambeck photograph collection
The collection consists of thirty-nine photographs of Kansas railroad depots taken by Mr. Krambeck and one view of the Horton, Kansas railroad shops copied by Mr. Krambeck.
- Creation: approximately 1936-1982
- Krambeck, F. Wesley, 1906-1988 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restirctions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of F. Wesley Krambeck
F. Wesley Krambeck was born May 5, 1906 in Salina, Kansas. His family moved to Herington, Kansas where he grew up. When he was 16 years old he began working part-time for the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific Railroad. After he graduated from high school he went to work for the railroad full time. Mr. Krambeck worked for the railroad 51 years. After his retirement in 1973 he wrote many articles for national railroad magazines. He was a major contributor of historical information and railroad photographs for the centennial publication of the Herington Times titled "Out of the Past".
.25 Linear Feet (1 document case) ; 4 1/2 in x 3 3/4 in
Language of Materials
RH PH 98
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, F. Wesley Krambeck, May, 1988
- Guide to the F. Wesley Krambeck Collection
- F. Wesley Krambeck photograph collection
- Finding aid prepared by nb, 1989; Finding aid encoded by rw, 2008, 2008; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
F. Wesley Krambeck Collection , Kansas Collection, RH PH 98, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries