Samuel Brooks Anderson papers
This collection consists of account books, correspondence, lecture notes, and a painting that belonged to physician Samuel Brooks Anderson, who moved to Lawrence, Kansas soon after Kansas became a state.
- Creation: 1825 - 1907
- Anderson, Samuel Brooks, 1825-1907 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Samuel Brooks Anderson (1825-1907)
Dr. S.B. Anderson was born in Greenfield, Ohio in 1825. He attended Eclectic Medical Institute in Cincinnati and practiced in Greenfield, Ohio before coming to Lawrence, Kansas in 1868. Dr. Anderson continued to practice in Lawrence until 1900. He died in Denver, Colorado in March 1907.
12 Volumes (12 volumes + 2 folders (94 items), 1 framed painting)
Language of Materials
RH MS G44
RH MS P284
RH MS B53
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Holmes, Peck, and Brown, 1955, 1956.
- Guide to the Samuel Brooks Anderson Collection
- Samuel Brooks Anderson papers
- Finding aid prepared by pg, 1976. Finding aid encoded by skt, 2006. Finding aid revised by mrm, 2009; mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Samuel Brooks Anderson papers, Kansas Collection, RH MS G44, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas