Ruth Bayard papers
The Ruth Bayard papers are those of a native Kansan, with ties longtime ties to the Manhattan, Kansas community.
- 1978 - 1984
- Bayard, Ruth L., 1917-2007 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Ruth Bayard
Ruth L. Bayard was born April 14, 1917 to Harry and Etta [Pitts] Wilson of Manhattan, Kansas. Bayard attended Douglas School. Her first husband, Curtis Harris, was a member of the Kansas City Monarchs baseball team; the couple had one son, Curtis Eugene. She later married Totlon Bayard. Ruth L. Bayard died January 15, 2007.
Scope and Contents
The Ruth Bayard papers date from 1978 to 1984 and are arranged in a single series. They consist of clippings, church histories, and a copy of a photograph. All items are photocopies. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by topic. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P792; copy negatives are available for both.
RH MS P792
RH MS-P P792
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Ruth Bayard, 1988.
- Guide to the Ruth Bayard Collection
- Ruth Bayard papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
<p>Ruth Bayard Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P792, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries</p>