Douglas County Retired Teachers Association records
The Douglas County Retired Teachers Association (DCRTA) is a chapter of the Kansas and the National Retired Teachers Associations. Organized in 1964, the purpose of the DCRTA is to offer its members educational, health-related and financial information and to provide community services. The collection consists of meeting minutes and related materials, along with several scrapbooks containing photographs, newspaper clippings, programs and other miscellanea.
- 1930s, 1964-2008
- Douglas County Retired Teachers Association (Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
2.5 Linear Feet (4 boxes + 2 oversize boxes, 1 volume)
Language of Materials
RH MS 862
RH MS Q309
RH MS R270
RH MS E188
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Larry Heeb, 1982-1983; Cecile Roney, 1988; Vic Sisk, 2009.
Previously shelved at RH MS 357.
- Guide to the Douglas County Retired Teachers Association Collection
- Douglas County Retired Teachers Association records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2007. Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2007. Finding aid revised by tw, 2010; mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Douglas County Retired Teachers Association records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 862, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States