Josephine Brice papers
Call Number: RH MS P747
The Josephine Brice papers are those of a long time Kansas resident who was active in Topeka organizations, especially St. John A.M.E. Church.
- 1886 - 1950
- Brice, Josephine (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Josephine Bowers
Josephine King was daughter of Mrs. Grace King. She attended Topeka, Kansas schools, including the Monroe School. She married Brice (son of Jesse May Brice).
.25 Linear Feet (1 box + 3 folders)
Scope and Contents
The Josephine Brice papers date from 1886 to 1950 and consist of programs and receipts. Folder arrangement is alphabetical by topic. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P747. Copy negatives are available for most photographs.
RH MS P747
RH MS-P P747
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Josephine Brice, 1993
- Guide to the Josephine Brice Collection
- Josephine Brice papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2007; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2007; revised by mrm, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Josephine Brice Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P747, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries