Lois Grimes papers
Lois Grimes was a Junction City, Kansas, resident, and an active member of the Baptist church. The collection covers the records of this involvement, including Calvary Baptist Church, Smoky Hill River Missionary Baptist District Association, and the Kansas Baptist State Congress of Christian Education.
- 1929 - 1989
- Grimes, Lois V., 1906-2005 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Lois Grimes
Lois Grimes (1906-2005) was a resident of Junction City, Kansas, and was highly involved in the Baptist church.
.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Scope and Contents
The Lois Grimes Collection is divided into two series, Religions Organizations and Photographs. Religious Organizations, which include programs and event information regarding the Calvary Baptist Church, Smoky Hill River Missionary Baptist District Association, and the Kansas State Congress of Christian Education, among others. Photographs include personal and family photographs, as well as church related photographs.
RH MS 635
RH MS-P 635
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Lois Grimes, 1988
- Guide to the Lois Grimes Collection
- Lois Grimes papers
- Finding aid prepared by bkm, 2006; revised by, cl 2010; Finding aid encoded by bkm, 2006; revised by mbw, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Lois Grimes Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 635, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries