Personal papers of Jesse L. Jackson
Jesse L. Jackson was the first black mayor of Chanute, Kansas and served for 12 years, 1981-1993. This collection includes newspaper clippings, programs, speeches, correspondence (some from school children) and photographs. There is some information about a Juneteenth Black Homecoming.
- Creation: 1960 - 2002
- Jackson, Jesse L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 1089
RH MS R225
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Jesse L. Jackson, donor; March 2002
- Guide to the Jesse L. Jackson Collection
- Personal papers of Jesse L. Jackson
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2002; revised by, cl 2010; inding aid encoded by mab, 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Jesse L. Jackson Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 1089, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries