Records of the Lawrence Color Camera Club
The collection contains meeting minute books, yearbooks and project notes of the Lawrence, Kansas Color Camera Club from 1953-1990. Also included is "Focus," the monthly bulletin of the club, and scattered holdings of the News Bulletin of the North Central Camera Club Council and the Photographic Society of America Newsletter.
- 1953 - 1990
- Lawrence Color Camera Club (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the Lawrence Color Camera Club
The Lawrence Color Camera Club was organized around 1952. The objective of the club was to stimulate interest in color photography; to improve camera technique; and to better the quality of transparencies through constructive criticism. The club met bi-weekly, its year running from April to March. Membership was open to anyone interested in color photography who paid the annual dues.
2 Linear Feet (4 boxes + 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
RH MS 245
RH MS 1214
RH MS Q364
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gifts, Louise Baker, November 1974; Agnes Barnhill, December 1990.
- Guide to the Lawrence Color Camera Club Collection
- Records of the Lawrence Color Camera Club
- Finding aid prepared by jl May, 1982; revised by skt, 2010; revised by el, 2013. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004; revised by skt, 2010; revised by el, 2014; mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Records of the Lawrence Color Camera Club, RH MS 245, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
- 2018-09: Added handful of programs to existing folders, mwh
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States