John S. and Dan Dillon Casement papers and photographs
This collection contains letters and photographs of John S. and Dan Dillon Casement while they were engaged in construction in Central America. Many of the photographs relate to the building of the Costa Rican Pacific Railroad.
- 1871 - 1979
- Casement, Dan Dillon, 1868-1953 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes + 1 oversize box, 2 oversize folders)
RH MS 755
RH MS R160
RH MS-P 755
RH MS-P 755(f)
These materials were weeded from Kansas State University's Casement Collection in the late 1970s.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, James C. Carey, 1998
- Guide to the John S. and Dan Dillon Casement Collection
- John S. and Dan Dillon Casement papers and photographs
- Finding aid prepared by mab, 2006; revised by cl, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mab, 2006
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
John S. and Dan Dillon Casement papers, Kansas Collection, RH MS 755, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas