League of Women Voters of Johnson County records
The League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Kansas) was founded in 1952. Known as the League of Women Voters of Shawnee Mission until 1972, the League's efforts led to the creation of the Shawnee Mission Park System, and have supported the development of non-profit service offices and civic programs. This collection of their records includes administrative files as well as collected material of subjects pertinent to the group's activities.
- 1952 - 1988
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County (Johnson County, Kan.) (Organization)
- League of Women Voters of Kansas (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
5.5 Linear Feet (8 boxes + 3 oversize boxes)
Language of Materials
RH MS 806
RH MS Q203
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Dorothy Novotny, 1988
League of Women Voters of Kansas. The Kansas Voter, selected issues 1959-1987, removed to RH Ser G98, Kansas Collection, Spencer Research Library.
Previously shelved at RH MS 532.
- Guide to the League of Women Voters of Johnson County, Kansas Collection
- League of Women Voters of Johnson County records
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by jt, 2006.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
<p>League of Women Voters of Johnson County Collection , Kansas Collection, RH MS ?, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries</p>
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States