League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County records
The League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County, a part of the League of Women Voters of the United States and of the League of Women Voters of Kansas, promotes political responsibility through informed and active participation of citizens in government, as well as action on selected governmental issues. Organized on May 28, 1931, the group was originally known as the League of Women Voters of Lawrence. This collection contains meeting minutes, newsletters, correspondence, Study/Action Reports, and other materials related to the local League's activities.
- 1928 - 2012
- League of Women Voters (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
21.25 Linear Feet (32 boxes + 5 volumes, 1 oversize box)
RH MS 187
RH MS D125
RH MS 694
RH MS 885
RH MS 1168
RH MS Q155
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County, 1976-2002, 2006, 2011.
- Guide to the League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County Collection
- League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County records
- Finding aid prepared by mds, 2006; Finding aid encoded by mds, 2006, revised by mrm, 2009, revised by caf, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
League of Women Voters of Lawrence-Douglas County records, Kansas Collection, RH MS 187, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas