Earline Clairborne papers
The Earline Clairborne Papers are those of a native Coffeyville, Kansas resident who was an active community member there.
- Clairborne, Earline, 1924-2015 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Earline Clairborne
Earline Clairborne was born and raised in Coffeyville, Kansas. She began teaching dance in 1955. A registered nurse, Clairborne worked as Educational Coordinator at the Coffeyville Memorial Hospital. She was active in beginning the Coffeyville Auxiliary Police and created and ran the town's Miss Bronze Pageant. She married William B. Clairborne, who held various positions in the Coffeyville community including: policeman, city manager, and Community Development Director. The couple had one son, William.
Scope and Contents
The Earline Clairborne Papers date from 1972 to 1985 and consist of clippings, award materials, and a program. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P P844.
RH MS P844
RH MS-P P844
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Earline J. Clairborne, 1987.
Previously shelved at: RH MS 479
- Guide to the Earline Clairborne Collection
- Earline Clairborne papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by cl, 2010; revised by skt, 2010 Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Earline Clairborne Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P844, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries