Materials relating to the exhibit on 19th century houses in Lawrence, Kansas
This collection includes materials relating to an exhibit on 19th century houses in Lawrence, Kansas, which was put together by the University of Kansas Museum of Art. The typescripts include the proposal, correspondence, and the draft of the text for the catalog of the exhibition, which took place from September 22 to October 27, 1968 and was published by the Museum. Representative examples of various styles and types of dwellings built in Lawrence in the 19th century are portrayed, as well as a brief history of early Lawrence.
- Creation: 1966 - 1968
- University of Kansas. Museum of Art (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
2.5 Linear Feet (3 document cases) : Annotated typescripts and photographic prints and elevations.
Language of Materials
RH MS 380
RH MS-P 380
- Guide to the Nineteenth Century Houses in Lawrence, Kansas Collection
- Materials relating to the exhibit on 19th century houses in Lawrence, Kansas
- Finding aid prepared by sfw, 9/84; nh, 1/87. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mrk, 2009; cmp, 2022.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Nineteenth Century Houses in Lawrence, Kansas Collection, RH MS 380, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas