Mable T. Staden papers
The Mable T. Staden Papers are those of a Kansas native and long time Lawrence, KS resident. Staden worked at several local, Lawrence businesses and was an active member of St. Luke AME Church.
- 1946-1948, 1972
- Staden, Mable Thelma, 1917?-1999 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Mable T. Staden
Mable Thelma Staden was born circa 1917 in Bloomington, Kansas. After attending primary school in Bloomington, she moved to Lawrence, Kansas, where she graduated from high school. Following high school, Staden returned to Bloomington to help with the family farm, but when that burned in 1940 she returned to Lawrence, where she worked a variety of jobs. A member of St. Luke Ame Church, she served as the Church's secretary during the late 1950s and early 1960s. Staden married in 1952. Mable Thelma Staden died 13 Aug 1999.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box + 1 folder)
Scope and Contents
The Mable T. Staden Papers date from 1946 to 1948 and 1972. They consist of a single manuscript item, a church program, and photographs. The photographs are located at RH MS-P P869.
RH MS P869
RH MS-P P869
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Mable T. Staden, 1989
- Guide to the Mable T. Staden Collection
- Mable T. Staden papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008; revised by, cl 2010; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2008; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Mable T. Staden Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P869, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries