Woodcock family papers
The Woodcock family papers collection consists mainly of letters from and to Reverend Harry Edwin Woodcock, his relatives and his friends, as well as genealogical information. Woodcock founded a church on the Delaware reservation at Tonganoxie, Kansas, and served as pastor for over a decade. In 1881, he moved to Lawrence, Kansas where he joined Plymouth Church. He settled in Kansas City, Missouri, in 1886.
- 1800 - 1993
- Woodcock, Harry Edwin, 1816-1911 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
8.25 Linear Feet (17 boxes + 2 oversize boxes)
Language of Materials
RH MS 729
RH MS Q174
RH MS R157
Other Finding Aids
For a detailed list of the contents of Boxes 6-15: ksrl.kc.woodcockharry.pdf
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Forrest Budd, 1997
Lizzie Woodcock married Presley Budd. Nellie Woodcock married Charles Upton.
- Guide to the Harry Edwin Woodcock Family Collection
- Woodcock family papers
- Finding aid prepared by jtf, 2006; revised by, cl 2010; revised by skt, 2010; Finding aid encoded by jtf, 2006; revised by skt, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in <language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Harry Edwin Woodcock family Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS 729, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States