Josephine M. White papers
The Josephine M. White papers are those of a longtime Lawrence, Kansas resident who was active in her community and worked with the University of Kansas' sorority houses.
- 1938 - 1989
- White, Josephine M., 1903?-1997 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
Biography of Josephine M. White
Josephine M. White was born in 1903 to Mr. and Mrs. Hopkins. She married in 1931 at the Ninth St. Missionary Baptist Church in Lawrence, Ks. While living in Lawrence, White worked at the Pi Phi Sorority house. She was also a member and President of the Stitch and Chatter Art Club. White moved to San Jose, California in 1995 and died there June 25, 1997.
.5 Linear Feet (2 boxes)
Scope and Contents
The Papers of Josephine M. White date from 1938 to 1989 and are arranged in a single series. They consist of programs and a minutes notebook. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the Collection are located at RH MS-P 1099. Copy negatives are available for some images.
RH MS 1099
RH MS-P 1099
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Josephine M. White, 1989, 1990
- Guide to the Josephine M. White Collection
- Josephine M. White papers
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2008.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Support for the processing of this Collection was provided by the Dana and Sue Anderson African American Collecting Program Endowment Fund.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Josephine M. White Collection, RH MS 1099, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas Libraries.