Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records
The Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records are those of a Kansas City, Kansas organization dedicated to improving the building, equipment, and services of Douglass Hospital through volunteer efforts and fundraising. The records date from 1951 to 1953 and consist of a small number of items, including historical information and clippings. Folder arrangement is alphabetical. Photographs from the collection are located at RH MS-P P661 and oversize materials are at RH MS Q181.
- 1951 - 1953
- Douglass Hospital (Kansas City, Kan.). Auxiliary (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
History of the Douglass Hospital Auxiliary
In January 1930, the Reverend M. B. Robinson organized the Douglass Hospital Auxiliary in Kansas City, Kansas to improve the building, equipment, and services of the hospital through volunteers, fund raising and community outreach. Anyone interested in the hospital could become a member.
The Auxiliary held yearly functions to raise money, with all proceeds going towards equipment for the hospital. Over the years, the group raised the funds to provide various items, ranging from office furniture (desks and bookshelves) to kitchen implements to assisting with payments for the hospital's first X-Ray machine.
6 folders (6 folders + 1 oversize box)
Language of Materials
RH MS P661
RH MS-P P661
RH MS Q181
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Essalie Cross, 1987.
- Guide to the Douglass Hospital Auxiliary Collection
- Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records
- Finding aid prepared by mbw, 2006; revised by, cl 2010; revised by skt, 2010. Finding aid encoded by mbw, 2006; revised by skt, 2010.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Douglass Hospital Auxiliary records, Kansas Collection, RH MS P661, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States