Estes Studio collection
John K. Estes, a professional photographer, established the Estes Studio at 806 Massachusetts street in Lawrence, Kansas in the late 1940s and operated it until his death in 1971. This collection contains photographs depicting images of individuals, groups, and organizations active in Douglas County, as well as records, predominately financial, of the studio.
- 1940 - 1971
- Estes Studio (Lawrence, Kan.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Glass plate and flexible negative originals are only issued if the curator or head of Public Services gives permission. Please consult the prints for this collection first.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
6.25 Linear Feet (10 boxes + 42 boxes of slides and negatives)
Language of Materials
RH PH 33
RH MS 941
Previously shelved at RH MS 496.
- Guide to the Estes Studio Collection
- Estes Studio collection
- Finding aid prepared by or, 2007; revised by cl, 2010. Finding aid encoded by or, 2007. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2019.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in<language encodinganalog="language">English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Estes Studio collection, Kansas Collection, RH PH 33, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States