Skip to main content

Manuscript plat of "Lane Place" (Lane Addition, Lawrence, Kan.)

 Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS Q16

Overview

A plat of Lane Place, by Wm. F. Goodlove and George H. Pruett, surveyors. Lawrence, Kansas. Lane Place became known as the Lane Addition in Lawrence, Kansas

Dates

  • 1868

Creator

Conditions Governing Access

No access restrictions.

Conditions Governing Use

Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.

Extent

1 folder : 1 map, scale : 1 in. = 150 ft. ; Ms. on linen, mounted on canvas. In upper left corner: Mrs. M. E. Lane.

Scope and Contents

This manuscript plat of "Lane Place", named for James H. Lane, includes certification by the surveyors, William T. Goodlove and George H. Pruett, that the plat is correct and the location is fully described.

The map is of the first six blocks of what later became Lane Addition (not to be confused with "Lane's First Addition" which was situated one block to the east). Lane Place consisted of 26.85 acres between Michigan and Alabama Streets, bounded by Winthrop (7th Street) and Henry Street (8th Street).

Physical Location

RH MS Q16

Title
Guide to the William F. Goodlove Collection
Subtitle
Manuscript plat of "Lane Place" (Lane Addition, Lawrence, Kan.)
Author
lgg 6 February 1974 mg 2004
Date
2004
Description rules
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description
Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
Finding aid permalink
http://hdl.handle.net/10407/2730375443
Preferred citation
William F. Goodlove Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS Q16, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas

Repository Details

Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository

Contact:
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States
785-864-4334