Kansas Trust and Banking Company records
A collection of volumes regarding managing the receivership of the Kansas Trust and Banking Company of Atchison, Kansas, including deposit books with the Exchange National Bank, a cash book, and a tax register. Freeling Tufts was appointed receiver for the insolvent Kansas Trust & Banking Company in March 1893, when the company held $1,028.25, and spent four years attempting to bring about the company's recovery. He quit the receivership and returned to Kansas City in the fall of 1897.
- 1886 - 1904
- Tufts, Freeling, 1844-1905 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
5 Volumes ; Sizes vary; largest volume is 44 cm.
Language of Materials
RH MS B35
RH MS G20
RH MS G21
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Purchase, Fred Kost, 1960; part of a larger collection.
- Guide to the Kansas Trust and Banking Company Collection
- Kansas Trust and Banking Company records
- Finding aid prepared by lgg, 1974. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Kansas Trust and Banking Company records, RH MS B35, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas.
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States