Medical and business records from Natchez, Mississippi
Four manuscript volumes providing medical and business accounting information and other documentation, mostly from the Natchez, Mississippi area of the early and mid-19th century. These volumes were given to the Kenneth Spencer Research Library by Helen Foresman Spencer and provide documentation regarding plantation life and the act of slavery in the antebellum Southern United States.
- approximately 1821 - 1850s or 1860s
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
4 Volumes ; Sizes vary.
Language of Materials
RH MS D112
RH MS E79
RH MS E80
RH MS E81
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift, Helen Foresman Spencer, 1975, from a purchase from Sotheby Parke-Bernet, 1975.
- Guide to the Natchez, Mississippi Medical and Business Records Collection
- Medical and business records from Natchez, Mississippi
- Finding aid compiled by lgg, May-June 1975. Finding aid encoded by mg, jep, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2018.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
Medical and business records from Natchez, Mississippi, Kansas Collection, RH MS D112, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States