Statement regarding Kansas history in 1856 and later
Collection — Folder: 1
Call Number: RH MS P142
Relates experiences with John Brown at the Battle of Black Jack and other events from May to August of 1856 including disbanding the Free State Legislature on July 4. A short character sketch of Roe is included.
- May 20, 1925
- Roe, George, active 1856 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder (14 pages on 9 leaves. 22 cm. Handwritten.Typewritten transcript included. )
RH MS P142
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Guide to the George Roe Collection
- Statement regarding Kansas history in 1856 and later
- kpz 20 February 1973 mg 2004
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid writtenin<language> English.</language>
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
George Roe Collection, Kansas Collection, RH MS P142, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas