"Indian Romance" by E.D. Saunders
This collection consists of E.D. Saunders' account of the tale of Frenchman Michael Barada's courtship of Tae-Gle-Ha, or Laughing Buffalo, a Native American member of the Omaha tribe. The account explains why the Nebraska Legislature passed a bill to make the Barada family members of the Omaha tribe.
- October 11, 1937
- Saunders, E. D., active 1937 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
No access restrictions.
Conditions Governing Use
Spencer Library staff may determine use restrictions dependent on the physical condition of manuscript materials.
1 folder : 2 pages. Typewritten, signed by author "Highland, Oct. 11, 1937." ; Pages measure 28 cm tall.
Language of Materials
RH MS P204
- Guide to the E.D. Saunders Collection
- "Indian Romance" by E.D. Saunders
- Finding aid prepared by kpz, 12 July 1973. Finding aid encoded by mg, 2004. Finding aid revised by mwh, 2021.
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Finding aid written in English.
- Finding aid permalink
- Preferred citation
"Indian Romance" by E.D. Saunders, Kansas Collection, RH MS P204, Kenneth Spencer Research Library, University of Kansas
Part of the University of Kansas. Kenneth Spencer Research Library Repository
1450 Poplar Lane
Lawrence KS 66045-7616 United States